I haven’t written a lot lately. I have been just doing my thing. Which has been nice. So, I thought I should do another “Top Ten” in no particular order update;
10) The rugby season is coming to a close this week, so I won’t be playing as much I used to. They will play once a month or so during the off season. On that note, mom came and watched me on Sunday. I was being silly and I was involved in a hit that knocked me down to the ground. Mom was right there and I am pretty sure it scared her pretty well.
9) I ran into the founder of Crocs and we talked about Crocs sponsoring me for a racing chair. Nothing has happened yet, but I am not lettting him off the hook. I will let you know if anything happens.
8) I am hoping in the next few days I will receive a grant for a basketball wheelchair. I will be nervous until I know for sure. As soon as I know, I will let you know.
7) My nerve pain that was pretty bad for a while, but now is not as bad as it was before. That is great news. So, I am being more productive.
6) I have decided to put down money for a all-terrain wheelchair. It will allow me to cross Death Valley next winter. The lead time at the moment for the chair is 3 to 4 months. So, I will continue to seek out assistance for the the chair in the mean time.
5) On Sunday, Mom gave me a ride down to Niwot so I could push back up the hill. It wasn’t nearly as difficult as I though it was going to be. So, I must be getting stronger.
4) I have had a lot of help from Rich Hiegel on learning math again. I wouldn’t nearly be as comfortable with the math as I am without him. My goal is to take the test at the end of April.
3) Phill came down from the mountains to hang with me for a while. It was good to see him, as we have not seen much of each other since the accident. We had a great time.
2) Bryan had a NCAA basketball tourney pool this year. I submitted my bracket, and go figure. I won. The sad part is I had no idea what was going on with college basketball. I hear that is the best way to win a pool.
1) I am very likely going to Arizona to spend time with a friend who is turning 30 at the end of the month. I also, need to pick up some items I left there when I left. I am hoping it will turn out well.
I will likely go through Utah on the way down there.
Well, have a good day..