This morning I had the opportunity to play a mean game of hockey as part of a class. I usually don’t enjoy the hockey but today was different. About midway through, I noticed my smile. It was a true smile. It was a smile that didn’t have all the weight of recent events on my shoulders. I wish I could describe it better, but I can’t. All I know it felt great. It is not very often I notice when I smile. Any smile you can muster in this place should be enjoyed. There are so many struggles for everyone here that a smile is certainly earned. I don’t think I will ever take for granted a smile of happiness after all this. Too bad I had to have all this happen to realize the simple pleasure of a smile.
This weekend, I am excited to have my cousin and his wife come in from New York to visit. They are going to spend sometime here at Craig and see what I do everyday. We may even get out of here and eat dinner out. We are also going to break out of here and go my mom’s new house. I have not seen the house myself since the foundation was the only work that had been done, so I am excited to see all the work that has been done.
Here I go again with another “Top Ten”:
1) I should be getting a double bed by the end of next week. Hooray.
2) I am going to start driving classes next week. I can’t imagine how it is like to drive in my condition, but is should be interesting.
3) I am still eating food from this weekend’s big bash.
4) I am going to be getting in a pool next week. I heard it is a great experience. I can’t wait.
5) There were quite a few people that were ahead of me that I got to know and many of them have now left and gone home. I hope they all do well with everything they do.
6) I had acupuncture the other night and my shadow was under my bed during the whole thing. I could here him but I didn’t know it was him. I was laying there and I kept hearing things under my bed. At the time it was a some what funny story.
7) When Average Joe comes back from Utah we are talking about going to a Lacrosse game. I here it is a fun sport to watch.
8) I was talking to people about a vehicle when I get home it looks like I may get a Dodge Magnum
9) I am still counting the days till Erika comes back.
10) I am still keeping hope for a better future alive.
Have a great Friday and Weekend. For those having a drink tip one for me.