The beat rolls on here at Craig. Some people are moving on and going home. Some are just getting to hit their stride, and some are just beginning to get some momentum. I fall under the category of just getting momentum. I have been here long enough to know the following weeks schedule long before I recieve it. I still have a lot of work ahead of me, but before long I will be in the going home category. For right now I have to focus on getting the skills to get back on my feet and back into soceity.
I had a couple more visitors today. Matt Watson, Kathy Brent and Andy Copperberg came for lunch. They brought the always tasty Chipotle. So thanks for the burrito and your time. Marybeth and Colin Laughery came down in the afternoon for awhile. Marybeth is helping me with so of my HR related issues and her help is really, really, really aprecieated. I am always amazed how better I feel when I get visitors.
The last couple days have been pretty slow. I was so busy the first have of the week that the second half was pretty quite. I had sometime to spend with family and friends. I worked on some personal business. I didn’t have much to write about. So, here are this weeks top ten updates, in no particular order:
10) This thursday I am going to get accupunture for my back pain. I was talking to the doctor and I thought something other than pain pills may eliminate some of the pain I am still dealing with.
9) Many people have asked my predictions for this weekends NFL games. I am going with Indy, and the Saints. I am sure I will watch some of the games this weekend.
8) This week Rich Hiegel dropped off a folding card table for me. By the way, Thanks. I have been talking to a couple of people this week and we may get a game going sometime during the day tomorrow. It should be a nice distraction from our daily routines.
7) I have noticed that I am becoming similar to an elderly person. I noticed this week that patients sit around and complain about their pain medications, their bodies, and what hurting them today. The one difference here is many people talk about gains in getting their body back.
6) Last week I was hungry all the time. This week it has subisided some. Which is good. I gained 4 pounds last week. No comments on this comment.
5) Next week Craig is taking me to the Denver Science and Arts Museum. I am actually excited about this trip. I always enjoyed a trip to the museum when I was young and I am sure I will enjoy it next week.
4) I got a brace today that allows me to sit up-right in the shower, so I don’t have to lay down in a tub anymore. In the past, I kinda enjoyed just laying there as I got bathed. Like anything else it got old. So, this is a good thing. One more step in gaining independance.
3) I spoke with the PT today and she asked me what my goals for next week. I said working on getting myself into a car so I can leave the hospital and go to a game of some kind and she agreed. Colorado Crush here I come.
2) Today Colin Laughery came and played in our Friday afternoon game for wheelchair class. It was great to have him. But as expected, good ole’ Yoel still pulled out the victory.
1) My neck brace is scheduled to come off in a week and a half. Or two Wednesdays from now. I am really excited. This brace creates a lot of heat on body during the day.
So, that is my week David Letterman style. I hope all of you have a great weekend. And those that will be have a beer or a nice cocktail; tip one for me.